Jamie ? I have been painting a lot of Ironjawz recently and some of them have found their way onto the new Shattered Dominion Bases. I had no desire to rebase my entire Grand Alliance of Destruction force (there’s too much cool new stuff to paint to go backwards) but instead chose to try and paint the new ones to sit harmoniously alongside my existing ones (stop using big words, the Ironjawz do not approve – Ed).
I chose to paint the bases on the sprues to get easy access to them, this also meant I could paint with a big drybrush really fast!
- Spray Chaos Black.
- Spray Mournfang Brown (you could paint this if you prefer).
- Drybrush Zandri Dust using a Citadel L Dry brush.
- Drybrush Terminatus Stone using a Citadel L Dry brush.
- Paint some areas with Wild Rider Red mixed with water (a 3 parts water 1 part paint mix is ideal).
- Paint some areas with Hoeth Blue mixed with water (a 3 parts water 1 part paint mix is ideal).
- Remove bases from sprues and paint edges with Abaddon Black.
- Add Middenland tufts as desired.
I imagined my Ironjawz conquering the rolling plains of Ghur and therefore decided water would look more appropriate flowing between the cracked earth of the realm. I painted it as follows:
- Paint Kantor Blue.
- Paint lines of Altdorf Guard Blue.
- Paint smaller lines of Hoeth Blue.
- Paint a few very small lines of Baharroth Blue.
- Layer the whole area with ?Ardcoat.
Please share your miniatures with us via our Flickr pool here. Some may find their way onto this very blog.
Powered by WPeMatico